The Account Manager (“AM”) position is critical to the success of the Company. It is the start of all contact with potential clients, and it will support the growth of the business. This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone who loves connecting with people.
The most important deliverable for the AM is to qualify leads which will ultimately lead to new clients. To do this, the following sub-deliverables must be met.
1) Immediately upon joining the Company spend time learning about the Company’s history, mission, and how the sales cycle flows.
2) In the first week, complete all training:
- AM will be designated to a Regional Director (“RD”). Regional territories are defined and will be determined by which RD the AM will be supporting.
- Learn how to use the Company’s CRM (Salesforce) to view leads, make calls, update notes in the system, and either send literature or schedule next steps to speak with the regional director.
- Review and learn scripts for making calls and speaking with leads.
- Shadow other Account Managers or Regional Directors to listen in on calls.
3) In the second week, begin making calls. Make 40-60 calls per day to vet the lead (provided by a third party) and qualify them. Ask questions to discover whether it’s the right person to make decisions.
- For qualified leads, make an appointment for the prospect to speak with a Regional Director.
- If the lead isn’t the appropriate person, update Salesforce with the correct information.
- If the lead isn’t interested at this time, email literature regarding the program and update notes in Salesforce.
- Log 100% of all calls, filling in the notes before making the next call.
4) Within 30 days, be able to maintain these target metrics:
- Make (40+) calls per day following the priorities set in Salesforce.
- Add a minimum of (10) new leads a day.
- Spend a minimum of 3 hours per day in total talk time.
- Have at least (10) actual conversations with contacts.
- Set a max (5) new appointments for RD each day. Events must be qualified:
- Live Auction
- Charity is still looking for items.
- Once reservation has been set by RD, AM is re-introduced to conversation to address any questions from the contact.
- Reservation is official once strategy is discussed and explanation on how to roll out product is communicated, as well as, other processes are explained.
- Familiar working in small company environments, preferably with founder-led businesses.
- Love talking with people by phone and sharing information with passion.
- Able to communicate by phone and in writing in a professional manner.
- Tech savvy, proficient in Salesforce (or other CRMs), Word, Outlook, and Zoom (or another videoconferencing system)
- Flexible attitude and willing to do whatever is needed.
- A concierge customer service philosophy.
The company offers a competitive base salary, medical insurance, and time-off benefits.